7 Key Research Areas
The Policy Alternatives Research Institute made a fresh start in 2013 as a university-wide center with the aim of further expanding university-wide activities and building a stronger internal and external networks. Taking this opportunity, six major research departments have been established to tackle pressing social problems.
We will continue as before to disseminate our jointly accumulated knowledge and at the same time take on a new challenge of connecting that knowledge to the research production process.
Universities and Social Systems
- University Industry and University Society Partnership Research Unit
- Research Unit for University's System Reform of Higher Education and Academic Research
- Intellectual Property Rights Policy Research Unit
- Aviation Policy Research Unit
- Nanotechnology Innovation Research Unit
Technology, Risk Governance and Energy
- Technology Governance Policy Research Unit
- Risks in Global Economy: Analysis and Policy Research Unit
- Global Energy Policy and East Asia Research Unit
- Complex Risk Governance Policy Research Unit
- Public Poilcy Consensus Building Practice and Research Unit